Networking for Freelancers (Salford MediaCity UK)
A half-day course for anyone who runs a mile from networking events, or is nervous about talking about work to people they don't know.
From 2pm until 6pm
Networking is the most important way for any freelancer to find new work. This half-day workshop helps take the fear out of networking face to face, and gives you plenty of tips. We look at techniques for arranging meetings with people who might give you work, and how to behave at those inevitable 'networking events'. We also dispel some typical myths about making professional connections: it doesn’t have to be time-consuming and it’s not about a hard sell.
Learning outcomes :
By the end of the workshop, you should be able to:
- identify what helps someone remember who you are and how you might work together
- plan and prepare for important 'chats over a coffee'
- feel more self-confident about networking events and meeting fellow professionals at parties
- understand how face to face and digital networking fit together
- draw up a plan for engaging with others
Who should attend: New and existing freelancers and anyone considering a freelance career.
This course is run in conjunction with the morning session on Finance for Freelancers. You are very welcome to attend both sessions.
This course will be delivered courtesy of DV Talent for ProConnect, an initiative of Creative England to support the creative industries.
ProConnect is supported by ERDF (European Regional Development Fund), and held in partnership with Greater Manchester Business Growth Hub with event partners MediaCity UK, Salford.
Posted on 16 January 2017