Social Media for Work (FEU – Birmingham)
An introduction to social media to help you get better and more work
From 10.30 until 4.30
At Musicians' Union
2 Sovereign Court Graham Street Birmingham B1 3JR
The Federation of Entertainment Unions
Using social media effectively can help you get better and more work as well as to engage with like minded professionals. This workshop looks at how you get started and how to use social media such as Facebook and Twitter as a valuable business tool rather than a means of sharing photos of your cat!
Who should attend?
This course is for people who've not started on social media (Facebook and Twitter particularly) or who have signed up but done little else or don’t really see the point of it. We look at:
- what is meant by social media
- differences between Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others
- what it can do for you
- how to get set up
- how to construct a profile
- how to be time-efficient
- tips and tricks.
Note: This workshop includes tutor demonstration, instruction and group interaction. You will not be expected to go online at the session but you will need to follow up post session to implement what you have learnt.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- have a better understanding of how to use social media to support your work
- have greater knowledge of popular social media platforms and which ones would work best for you
- be able to plan in social media activities to suit your work and time limitations
- Be more confident and able at communicating through social media to meet your objectives.
Posted on 27 March 2018