Networking and Social Media
What is it?
This training looks at how networking works, and how we can make the most of it online, in small groups. We also look at how social media fits in.
We are now running this training 100% online, usually using Zoom and other online tools.
Who’s it for?
We focus on the creative industries. So you’ll probably be freelancing, or working in broadcasting, film making, advertising, theatre, writing, music, etc…
A lot of our trainees know networking is important but are nervous about talking to people they don’t know.
Or maybe you’re ok talking to people face-to-face but don’t know how to build social networks online.
Now that there are fewer opportunities for face-to-face networking, it’s even more important to make sure we’re being as clear as we can be about what we have to offer our clients and employers.
What’s in it?
We look at:
- what networking is really about, and why people often get it wrong
- how to prepare for engagements with potential clients
- getting ready for post-lockdown events – good practice for online meetings with clients
- what people find when they google you
- how to polish your online profiles
What do you get out of it?
By the end of the webinar you should able to:
- think differently about how people might perceive your undoubted talents
- integrate your face-to-face and social networking more effectively
- identify good practice and apply it to your own freelance work
We will encourage group participation at various points, so be prepared to join in.
What’s so special?
We like to put the fun back into networking. We dispel myths and help people realise it’s not about a quick sell. It’s about building up relationships over time and being honest.
About the trainer
David Thomas developed this course based on his experience of setting up his own business and working in production and journalism for more than 30 years.
Building up relationships with colleagues and clients has been the key to getting things done.
Want to find out more?
Future courses are listed below.
If you can’t see what you’re looking for just get in touch and ask. We’ll be happy to help.
Taking control of finances is always a challenge when you freelance in the creative industries, but especially so at the moment.
From 1pm until 2pm