Networking and social media for creative freelancers
This Zoom session looks at how networking works for freelancers, and how we can make the most of it online while we get ready for lockdown to loosen up.
From 10:30 until 11:30
Hosted by NUJ Training Wales
This one-hour webinar looks at the basic rules of effective freelance networking, and how they apply just as much to online connections. We look at what people will want to know about you, and how you can polish up everything from your email address to your online profile. We’ll also be helping you get prepared for the end of lockdown, whenever that comes.
The session will include:
Thoughts about networking and social media
- What is networking?
- Identifying pros and cons; how networks work
- What people like to hear from you - identifying key qualities and benefits
- How to plan your networking - one on one meetings; networking events
- What happens when someone googles you?
- Polishing your profiles
- Names, emails and photos - removing the obstacles to good networking
Posted on 08 June 2020