Finance for Freelancers (BECTU/Prospect)
A fun webinar for anyone who wants to be more organised with their money and understand how tax works. Perfect for people who hate spreadsheets.
From 10:00am until 12:00pm
Venue: Webinar using Zoom
Online and interactive
This session will work best if you switch on your camera and audio. There are some fun interactive exercises, and it will help with your networking.
Please note Zoom meeting details will be sent out approximately 1 hour before the session. We suggest you get ready by ensuring you have the most up to date version of Zoom.
Who’s it for?
Perfect for someone who’s a creative freelancer, whether new or experienced. We work a lot with people who are setting up on the own after redundancy.
We assume you’d prefer to hide under the duvet than do your expenses, so we go gently through ways of looking after money without getting bogged down in paperwork.
We don’t assume you know about tax, or even how to count without using fingers and toes.
By the end of the session you will be able to :
- set budgets for your personal spending and plan your earnings
- know the difference between PAYE freelancing and self-employed status
- understand how tax and NI work for freelancers of all types
- meet current tax deadlines and prepare for HMRC’s Making Tax Digital project
- draw up clear, written agreements with clients and employers
- use invoices effectively, drawing on the UK’s late payment legislation
- plan like a business so that you don't run out of cash
Posted on 05 July 2021