Networking skills for freelancers
This Zoom session looks at how networking works for freelancers, and how we can make the most of it online and in small groups.
From 11am until 12:30pm
Venue: Webinar via Zoom
Hosted by ScreenSkills/ITF
Now that there are fewer opportunities for face-to-face networking, it’s even more important to make sure we’re being as clear as we can be about what we have to offer our clients and employers.
This short workshop looks at basic rules of effective networking, whether online or in person.
We look at:
- what networking is really about, and why people often get it wrong
- how to prepare for engagements with potential clients
- getting ready for post-lockdown events - good practice for online meetings with clients
- what people find when they google you
- how to polish your online profiles
Who should enrol
This webinar is for freelancers who want to refresh their networking skills while discussing some new ideas.
By the end of the webinar you should able to:
- think differently about how people might perceive your undoubted talents
- integrate your face-to-face and social networking more effectively
- identify good practice and apply it to your own freelance work
We will encourage group participation at various points, so be prepared to join in.
What equipment do you need?
We'll be using Zoom so don't forget to download it to your computer in advance. (Check it out here)
During the session it would be helpful if you had your mobile phone handy as well as something to scribble on. This is for the interactive discussions and exercises.
Posted on 29 September 2020