Networking 101 for creative freelancers (BECTU)
This Zoom session looks at how networking works for freelancers, and how we can make the most of it online and in small groups.
From 13:30 until 15:30
Venue: Webinar via Zoom
Hosted by BECTU/Prospect Training
Now that there are fewer opportunities for face-to-face networking, it’s even more important to make sure we’re being as clear as we can be about what we have to offer our clients and employers.
This short workshop looks at basic rules of effective networking, whether online or in person.
The first section looks at:
- what networking is really about, and why people often get it wrong
- how to prepare for engagements with potential clients
- getting ready for post-lockdown events - good practice for online meetings with clients.
The second section looks at:
- what people find when they google you
- how to polish your online profiles
- tools to help you use social media efficiently
- where to find out more
Who should enrol
This webinar is for those who want to refresh their online and face-to-face networking skills while discussing some new ideas.
By the end of the webinar you should able to:
- think differently about how people might perceive your undoubted talents
- integrate your face-to-face and social networking more effectively
- identify good practice and apply it to your own freelance work
- understand where to find free tools and further information.
We will encourage group participation at various points, so be prepared to join in. It's good for networking!
We'll be using Zoom (check it out here), and it would be helpful (though not compulsory) if you had a computer with mic and camera so that you can take part in everything.
It would also be very helpful if you had your mobile phone to hand during the session as well a pen and paper. This will help with some of the interactive exercises.
Posted on 20 January 2021