Business Basics: Networking
The course handouts for the networking workshop can be downloaded below.
Other useful links
During the workshop we talked about some tools to help you manage you social media contacts:
And bear these in mind:
- Don’t connect willy-nilly to everyone. Make your connections meaningful – and ignore the rest.
- Have a strategy – for each month, week and day.
- Use your social media to make sure you meet people face to face.
- Be a generous networker:
- listen to others
- give away information that might help others
- sell the thing that makes you unique
- recommend others
Networking is about learning, engaging and recommending. Are you doing all three?
Although every effort has been made to provide accurate tips and information, David Thomas Media Ltd accepts no responsibility for any errors, omissions or out-of-date facts. Trainees are advised to seek up-to-date professional advice on all financial and tax matters before making decisions relating to these subjects. Nothing in our notes, courses, webinars, downloads or social media should be considered as financial advice.
We believe our tips are useful - but they are only tips!