We’re 100% online during the current pandemic, and happily running media training and business skills courses using a variety of online tools.
- Check out our webinars for freelancers and people going through redundancy
- Scroll down for a section of free templates and help sheets
Advice & support:
Not sure what sort of freelancer you are?
We’ve drawn up a handy guide to the three types of freelancer and the financial support available to each type:
The government support schemes:
As we go into our first covid-era winter, the government has introduced some new initiatives to replace the furlough scheme and SEISS. Download our latest short guide here:
1-minute guide to government support
Shows freelancer types, includes Universal Credit/ESA
For sole traders/partnerships who registered before April 2019:
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme >
- Self-employment Scheme Eligibility Checker >
- How HMRC works out trading profits >
For employers and bigger businesses:
- Job Support Scheme – part of Winter Economy Plan >
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (‘furloughing’) >
Job Retention Bonus – for employers who previously furloughed staff >
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme >
For smaller businesses – incl sole traders and ltd company freelancers:
Martin Lewis, the ‘money saving expert’, has a very good explanation of how sole traders and company directors could use bounce back loans, and where to get them:
For production and entertainment freelancers:
Apple ‘Numbers’ format spreadsheets:
Business help sheets and advice:
A Q&A checklist to help freelancers plan like a business:
A grid to help you plan your time when working from home:
Keep well. Keep positive!
Available courses are listed below:
For creative people going through redundancy and wanting to set up a business of their own. This interactive course runs across two consecutive mornings using Zoom.
From 10:00 until 12:30 each day