Beyond Redundancy: Setting up as a Sole Trader (BECTU/Prospect, 2 x 2 hours)
An interactive workshop across 2 mornings for production people going through redundancy and setting up on their own.
From 10:00 until 12pm each day
David Thomas Media Ltd for BECTU/Prospect
[Please only book if you're free on both mornings.]
Format: Interactive Workshop
This course is in 2 online parts and aimed at those who have already decided to go 'self-employed or freelance'… not for those who are 'thinking of the options'.
Setting up on your own is daunting when you've not done it before, doubly so if you've been going through a redundancy process.
Participants must be able to attend both sessions to sign up. Part 2 will be held on 7th March 2023 10:00-12:00 (Link to join part 2 will be sent out once you have attended Part 1).
In these online sessions you will explore
- ways to organise yourself after redundancy
- how to get to grips with forthcoming changes in taxation
- the differences between employment, sole-trader and limited companies
- how to split your finances
- how tax and national insurance work and getting ready for Making Tax Digital
- keeping records while keeping your sanity
- how to get paid on time
- how not to work too hard, remain motivated and look after physical and mental wellbeing.
Participants will receive plenty of short-cuts and templates so that you can hit the ground running.
Posted on 20 December 2022