Controlling Freelance Finances (Audiotrain)
Taking control of finances is always a challenge when you freelance in the creative industries, but especially so at the moment.
From 10am until 11am
Organised by Audiotrain
This workshop is aimed at people who freelance in the creative industries, whether new to freelancing or with years of experience.
Freelance finances can be unpredictable at the best of times, so how can we control them, particular when things are uncertain?
This workshop is aimed at people who freelance in the creative industries where income can be unpredictable, whether new to freelancing or with years of experience. The most successful freelancers not only have the best creative ideas but also make sure that they always make a profit.
Have you just had a tax bill and are wondering how to pay it? Learn how to structure your savings.This session looks at how you can assess your financial situation, use various tools to monitor income and spending and plan to take control of freelance finances. It will cover:
- How to assess your current situation and set budgets so that you make a profit
- How to work enough, but not too much
- What the government means by freelance and what help is available
- How to keep records to ensure you’re making a profit on all your projects
- How to apply cash flow planning techniques to your own circumstances
Posted on 12 February 2021