100% online training!
Last Updated on 11 September 2020
Online media training sessions for our charity clients now focus on preparation for being interviewed from home using meeting software such as Zoom, Skype or MS Teams.
We’ve moved all our freelance business skills training online and are putting a particular focus on helping people move through redundancy into self-employment for the first time.
Here are some of the other changes we’ve made:
- Expanded the range of free downloadable tools and help sheets. No password required.
- All cancellation and postponement policies have been suspended so that we can be as flexible as possible.
- We’re advising clients on opportunities for web-based training to replace face to face courses.
How different is online training?
Training can be very effective online, but we don’t expect people to sit in front of a screen for hours on end.
We use techniques and tools such as:
- screen breaks at least every hour, sometimes incorporating thinking time or paper exercises away from the screen
- virtual breakout rooms to vary the pace of learning and make engagement more fun
- collaborative tools such as Mentimeter, which people can access on their phone while taking part in group training
- downloadable materials online after training
Contact us if you’d like to learn more.
Current web-based sessions will be listed below.
For creative people going through redundancy and wanting to set up a business of their own. This interactive course runs across two consecutive mornings using Zoom.
From 10:00 until 12:30 each day
How to enjoy freelancing by keeping on top of finances and looking for the next job, in spite of the challenges of COVID-19
From 10:30 until 13:00
Venue: Online - registration via NUJ Training Wales
Posted on 13 March 2020